Listen to our eye-opening teleclass, "What Nobody Tells You To Expect When You're Expecting - and From Preconception through Early Motherhood"...
“This program kindly and smartly guides you through the transition of becoming a mother, even if you're not yet pregnant." - Alanis Morissette
• Are you trying to conceive and feeling frustrated, scared, and hopeless?
• Are you overwhelmed by the physical challenges of pregnancy (nausea, exhaustion, weight gain, heartburn) and struggling with anxiety about your unborn baby’s health?
• Is your marriage prepared to weather the storm that occurs after your baby is born?
• Are you a new mother and suffering from grief that your old life is over, unresolved feelings about the birth, self-doubt, and perfectionism?
• Do you long for a community of supportive women to guide you through this life-transforming time?
A loving mother-baby bond is one of the highest predictors of the long-term emotional health of your child. Yet in a culture that encourages you to focus only on the externals of ovulation sticks, ultrasounds, and buying the perfect car seat, you're bereft of a roadmap and community that can guide you through the emotional terrain of preconception and pregnancy so that you're prepared to receive your baby with open arms.
From fertility anxiety to grief about your relationship with your mother to fears about giving birth, a circle of experts and I will reveal the secrets that will teach you how to:
• Effectively manage your anxiety
• Bring comfort and meaning to the physical challenges of pregnancy
• Absorb the shock of your new life
• Babyproof your marriage
• Give yourself the best chance to thrive
The Birthing a New Mother Program delivers what every pregnant woman urgently needs: a way to successfully work through the biggest transition of a woman’s life – the birth of a child. It provides pregnant and new mothers with a blueprint for bringing healing consciousness to pregnancy and birth, thus promoting optimal health and happiness for all concerned.”
-Dr. Christiane Northrup, author of Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom
What You Will Receive
Birthing a New Mother is a comprehensive program designed to allow you to progress at your own pace. As soon as you sign up you will gain access to:
• Eight online and downloadable lessons, beginning with preconception and continuing through the three trimesters, birth, and the first year of motherhood
• Hundreds of pages of exclusive articles
• Four video interviews with two psychotherapists, a professional couples' counselor, and a childbirth educator
• Two MP3 audio interviews with a midwife and a postpartum doula
• A written interview with a new mother (ThinkBee from the Conscious Weddings Forum)
• Continued support from other women on the Conscious Motherhood online forum
• Priority email support from Sheryl: I receive dozens of emails each week from people in transition asking for support and advice, but I give priority to members of my Home Study Programs and will personally respond to you within 48 hours.
Your peace of mind is worth it!
"I found Sheryl's work when I was pregnant with my twins. I was looking for someone, or somewhere, online where I could share my feelings about my pregnancy. I was part of an IVF support group for mothers who were expecting twins but I found myself feeling very alienated emotionally from the other women there. I didn't feel able to "focus on the good". Somehow that didn't feel right for me. I was full of ambivalent feelings about giving up work. I was scared I wouldn't be able to connect to my babies and I felt that I needed to honour the negative in how I was feeling because if I didn't, I wouldn't be being honest.
"Sheryl's work immediately made sense to me. I felt safe finally to let my guard down and talk about the fears I had. I loved working through her e-course. Listening to the midwife interview was especially useful for me. I could feel myself at my closest to my animal-self during my pregnancy. I felt the cocoon of pregnancy all around me and it was wonderful to know that the stages of my experience had already been mapped out and discussed by other women. I needed that introspective path and it was a tremendous help to me to have a course that gave me the permission to accept my feelings, whatever they were, and not judge myself.
"When it came to giving birth I had a very traumatic experience as I had an emergency c-section and came close to death. I know that the work I did in my pregnancy helped guide me through the horror of the birth. I couldn't bond with my children the day they were born, and the pain of that and the fear I had of not being able to bond at all with them was overwhelming. I was broken open by my twins' birth and yet I did recover from that very quickly. I was able to recover because I'd already paved the way emotionally during my pregnancy. I'd prepared myself as best I could by embracing my difficult feelings.
"I think it's a wonderfully wise course. It's gentle and yet it's very powerful. Somehow, the process itself of pregnancy and the surrender that happens during that precious time is embedded in the way the couse is presented. It's a heartfelt guide into the experience of preparing to become a mother, and now that I am a mother I feel the benefit of coming to know myself early on in the process. I am sure that is the reason I didn't suffer from post-natal depression and the reason that I was able to cope with the setbacks I had during the birth."
- Christine, London
Becoming a Mother? Sign up here to receive your FREE report
"The #1 Skill You Need to Calm Your Anxiety through Preconception, Pregnancy, and Motherhood."
"This is why I was so excited to do this show!" - Oprah
Sheryl Interviews Alanis
“Sheryl’s work was indispensable in helping me soothe my fears."
“The Conscious Bride is an important guide through one of life’s most vulnerable and exciting times. Sheryl casts new light on an old subject, making clear that the natural wisdom in a woman’s own heart is the best bridal consultant she could possibly have.” - Marianne Williamson, best-selling author of A Woman’s Worth and A Return to Love
“Sheryl Paul has written a splendid workbook that leads brides, step by step, through a sane, healthy preparation, not just for the wedding, but for everyday thereafter. The exercises and explanations are clear, practical, fun, and powerful. Anyone who ever wanted a wise aunt, or even fairy godmother, should grab this book.” -Terence Real, author of How Can I Get Through To You?